17.4.09

La Graciosa

With the aim of having a break and a change of scene etc., I have spent the last week in Lanzarote and La Graciosa. The last island is especially beautiful, unspoilt (and almost too photogenic). The volcanic landscapes are out of this world and the colour and light is so totally different from that of Northern Spain. Although I did try to do some work - a bit of drawing and writing - I'm afraid I ended up in a state of stupor and laziness. I did take some photographs though (drawings are not "sketches" for me but works in their own right with an equal value to the paintings, photographs on the other hand are "sketches" and a quick way of documenting things I have seen that initially interest me)...here are some of the things and places I have encountered here:






























No comments:

Post a Comment